Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Secret Book of the Black Arts

Back in February of this year I bought a book on eBay that was described as being a very rare softcover occult publication from 1878 called "The Secret Book of the Black Arts". I paid more than I should have for it because it seemed really interesting to me as a cultural artifact and wondered what kind of stuff it had inside.

Upon getting the book and having it examined by some friends, it was determined to not be an authentic copy from the year on the publication page, but a facsimile edition published later. The binding and paper stock were just not consistent with anything published back then.

Still, the book does have some interesting tidbits that I'd like to share... 




Don't try any of this stuff at home kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment