Friday, October 7, 2011

Reflections on Student Teaching: Week 2

Standardized testing is very disruptive.
I think it's detrimental to do it in the first 2 months of school.
Kids like computers. They take to them fast.
The laptops crash or drain their batteries rapidly, however.
One malfunctioned today, started beeping, and wouldn't stop.
Saw notable improvements in some students from what they did on Monday to what they could do on Friday.
Someone stole my small bag of cookies this morning from the staff dining room.
My CSULA professor came to observe me doing progress monitoring and math lessons today. I think I did all right.
Got to see what a rainy day schedule was like on Wednesday: Not very fun for the teachers or the kids.
Woke up before my alarm rang every day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment